IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), Bibi L'alouette, 1859
- Additional Title(s):
- Etching and drypoint on medium, smooth, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 8 1/8 inches (30.8 x 20.6 cm), Plate: 9 x 6 inches (22.9 x 15.2 cm), Image: 9 x 6 inches (22.9 x 15.2 cm)
Inscribed in blue crayon, lower right: "#11271."
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower right: "Whistler. 1859."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- child | collar | girl | nightgown | portrait
- Associated People:
- l'Alouette, Bibi
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.