- The Smith's Yard
- ca. 1895
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 x 7 3/8 inches (27.9 x 18.7 cm) and Image: 7 7/8 x 6 3/4 inches (20 x 17.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "WHISTLER | 175-"
unidentified blindstamp, lower center: "LS(?)"
artist's butterfly emblem, in black ink, within image, upper right
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | barrel | blacksmith | courtyard | figures | genre subject | horses (animals) | men | peasants | shirts | trousers
- Associated Places:
- Dorset | England | Europe | Lyme Regis | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James McNeill Whistler, 1834–1903, American, active in Britain (from 1859), The Smith's Yard, ca. 1895
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.