- Patie Rebukes Roger
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.3 x 22.6 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 8 1/8 inches (26.4 x 20.7 cm), and Image: 8 3/4 x 7 inches (22.3 x 17.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "[...] Allan et Aq.tint fecit"; lower left: "Patie. Were your bein rooms as thinly stock'd as mine, | Less you wad lose, and less you wad repine. | He that has just enough can soundly sleep; | The o'ercome only fashes fowk to keep. | For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1 June 1808"; lower right: "Act I Scene I"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- canes | cattle | comedy | costume | dogs (animals) | genre subject | gesture | hills | houses | illustration | jackets | men | pastoral | peasants | plaid | poem | recorder | resting | river | sash | sheep | shepherds | tams | trees | waterfall
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Patie Rebukes Roger, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.