IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Glaud and Symon, 1808
Glaud and Symon
- Additional Title(s):
The Gentle Shepherd, Act II, Scene I
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (28.3 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 10 5/16 x 7 15/16 inches (26.2 x 20.2 cm), Image: 8 7/8 x 7 inches (22.6 x 17.8 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left, very faint: "[...] Allan Inv. et Aq. tint. [...]"; lower center: "Symon__And tent me now auld boy, \ I've gather'd news will kittle your mind m'joy"; lower center: "For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1 June 1808."; lower right: "Act II Scene I."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | basket | breeches | buckles | caps | cart | cattle | chickens | coats | collar | comedy | dog (animal) | ducks | farmhouses | genre subject | gesture | grass | hay | haystacks | house | humor | illustration | ladder | laughing | livestock | men | necktie | pastoral | peasants | pipe | pocket | poem | puddle | shoes | smiling | staff (walking stick) | stones | talking | thatched roofs | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.