Peggy and Patie
- Additional Title(s):
The Gentle Shepherd, Act II, Scene IV
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.3 x 22.6 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 7/8 inches (26 x 20 cm), and Image: 8 13/16 x 6 3/4 inches (22.4 x 17.2 cm)
Lettered in black, lower left: "D. Allan invt. et Aq. tint. fecit"; lower left: "Peggy. __ Agreed __ But harken'. yon's auld aunty's cry: | I ken they'll wonder what can make us stay. | For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1. June 1808."; lower right: "Act II. Scene IV."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- breeches | cane | cattle | chimney | coat | costume | cottage | dome | dress | fence | fichu | genre subject | gesture | hills | illustration | kerchief | landscape | lovers | man | pastoral | peasants | plaid | poem | recorder | ribbons | rural | sash | stripes | tam-o'-shanter | trees | tub | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Peggy and Patie, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.