IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Madge and Bauldy, 1808
Madge and Bauldy
- Additional Title(s):
The Gentle Shepherd, Act IV, Scene I
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 7/8 inches (28.3 x 22.6 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 7 15/16 inches (26.3 x 20.1 cm), Image: 9 1/8 x 7 1/16 inches (23.2 x 18 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "D. Allan invt. et Aq. tinta fect"; lower center: "Madge __ Auld Roudes: filthy fallow I shall auld ye. | Act IV. Scene I. | For Watt & Baillie & Stationers Leith 1. June 1808."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- agriculture | apron (main garment) | attack | blouses | breeches | caps | coats | cottages | distaff | dog (animal) | farmhouses | fence | fichu | genre subject | gesture | haystacks | houses | huts | illustration | kerchiefs | ladder | laughing | men | pastoral | peasants | poem | post | reaching | running | rural | sticks | thatched roofs | trees | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.