Glaud and Peggy
- Additional Title(s):
The Gentle Shepherd, Act V, Scene II
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (28.3 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 10 1/4 x 7 15/16 inches (26.1 x 20.1 cm), and Image: 8 7/8 x 7 1/16 inches (22.6 x 17.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "D. Allan inv et Aq. tinta fect."; lower center: "While Peggy laces up her bosom fair, | Wi a blue snood Jenny binds up her hair, | Glaud by his morning ingle takes a beek, | The rising sun shines motty thro the reek | A pipe his mouth, the lasses please his een, | And now and then his joke maun interveen. | For Watt & Baillie Publishers & Stationers Leith 1 June 1808."; lower right: "Act V Scene II."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | barrel | basket | bench | birds | bonnets | bowl | breeches (trousers) | cane | cat (Felidae) | cauldron | chairs | chickens | chicks | cloth | coats | cooking | counter | cupboards | dishes | dog (animal) | dresses | elderly | fire | flue | food | genre subject | gesture | hat | housewife (person) | illustration | interior | kerchief | labor | meat | men | mirror | onions | pastoral | peasants | pipe | poem | posts | rafters | smoking (activity) | spoons | straw | sunlight | tub | windows | women | working
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Glaud and Peggy, 1808
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.