IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by David Allan, 1744–1796, British, born in Scotland, Sir William Worthy's Blessing, 1808
Sir William Worthy's Blessing
- Additional Title(s):
The Gentle Shepherd, Act V, Scene III
- Part Of:
- Etching and aquatint on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 15/16 inches (28.3 x 22.7 cm), Plate: 10 3/8 x 7 13/16 inches (26.3 x 19.8 cm), Image: 8 3/4 x 7 1/16 inches (22.2 x 17.9 cm)
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Da Allan invt et Aq. tint fecit"; lower center: "Sir William. I give you both my blessing; may your love | Produce a happy race, and still improve | Gent. Shep. Act V Scene"; lower right: "Edinbr"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Janet and James Sale, Yale BA 1960
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- apron (main garment) | blessing | bones (material) | breeches | cane | cape | chairs | coats | costume | cupboard | dog (animal) | fichu | genre subject | gesture | gowns | hats | illustration | inkwell | interior | kerchiefs | lovers | marriage | men | pastoral | peasants | pictures | poem | prayer | praying | quill | rafters | shepherd | smiling | stripes | table | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.