- Church of L'Ery, near Pont-de-l'Arche
- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 14 x 19 15/16 inches (35.6 x 50.7 cm), Plate: 10 9/16 x 13 7/16 inches (26.8 x 34.1 cm), and Image: 9 3/4 x 12 13/16 inches (24.7 x 32.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left, written vertically from top to bottom: "P 265"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Drawn & Etched by J. S. Cotman."; lower center: "CHURCH OF L'ERY, NEAR PONT-DE-L'ARCHE."; lower right: "London: Published 1st. April 1820, by J. & A. Arch, Cornhill, & J. S. Cotman, Yarmouth."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of John Russell
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | architectural subject | architecture | church | columns (architectural elements) | doorway | facade | figure | man | ruins | shadows | windows
- Associated Places:
- Eure | Europe | France | Haute-Normandie | Pont-de-l'Arche
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Church of L'Ery, near Pont-de-l'Arche, 1820
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.