On the Side of the Rhine near the Source, Light Coming from the Right
- Watercolor and brown wash and brown ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 11 5/8 inches (28.3 x 29.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, verso, lower left: "No 4 No 17 | August"
Watermark: Names (Heawood 3348)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | hills | landscape | light | river
- Associated Places:
- Germany | Rhine
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, On the Side of the Rhine near the Source, Light Coming from the Right, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.