pupil of Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, The Road to the Lake, undated
The Road to the Lake
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 15 15/16 x 13 1/16in. (40.5 x 33.2cm) and 10 3/4 x 8 3/8 inches (27.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "3144"
Watermark: Fleur-de-lis (similar to Heawood 1849)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- lake | landscape | man | mountain | road | trees
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.