Deir Kadige, 1:00 p.m., January 2, 1867
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/8 x 12 5/16 inches (7.9 x 31.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Deir Kadige. Jany 2. 1.PM. 1867"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "5. up | Lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | palm trees | river | river | sails | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Deir Kadige, 1:00 p.m., January 2, 1867, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.