- between 1807 and 1817
- Line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 11/16 inches (24.7 x 19.6 cm), Plate (left and right sides cropped): 9 x 7 11/16 inches (22.9 x 19.6 cm), and Image: 7 5/16 x 6 5/8 inches (18.5 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Dyer | 10/6"; on back, lower right: "6/"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "JOSEPH GOUPY, | Engraved by R,, Bean, from the Original Picture. | Pub. by C. Dyer. Compton Strt. Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | etcher | etching (printing process) | holding | painter | portrait | turban
- Associated People:
- Goupy, Joseph (1689–1769), painter and etcher
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Bean, 1792–1817, Joseph Goupy, between 1807 and 1817
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.