IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Bean, 1792–1817, Joseph Goupy, between 1807 and 1817
- between 1807 and 1817
- Line engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 11/16 inches (24.7 x 19.6 cm), Plate: 9 x 7 11/16 inches (22.9 x 19.6 cm), Image: 7 5/16 x 6 5/8 inches (18.5 x 16.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower center: "Dyer | 10/6"; on back, lower right: "6/"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "JOSEPH GOUPY, | Engraved by R,, Bean, from the Original Picture. | Pub. by C. Dyer. Compton Strt. Soho."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | etcher | etching (printing process) | holding | painter | portrait | turban
- Associated People:
- Goupy, Joseph (1689–1769), painter and etcher
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.