- Joseph Addison
- Engraving on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 19 7/8 × 14 1/4 inches (50.5 × 36.2 cm), Plate: 14 1/4 × 9 1/8 inches (36.2 × 23.2 cm), and Image: 14 × 8 3/4 inches (35.6 × 22.2 cm)
Lettered within image, upper center: "Joseph Addison Esqr."; below image, lower left: "G. Kneller pinxit."; center: "In the Collection of Jacob Tonson Esqr. Impensis J.&P. Knapton Londini. 1748"; lower right: "J. Houbraken sculps, Amst. 1748."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, In Memory of John V. McCarthy
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Joanna Marschner, Enlightened Princesses : Caroline, Augusta, Charlotte, and the Shaping of the Modern World, Yale University Press, New Haven, Conn, 2017, p. 313, fig. 17.11, NX543 +.E55 2017 Oversize (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Jacobus Houbraken, 1698–1780, Dutch, Joseph Addison, 1748
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.