- G. B. Cipriani, R. A.
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 5 15/16 inches (20.7 x 15.1 cm) and Image: 6 5/8 x 5 5/16 inches (16.8 x 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sec Pennant Pape 88"
unidentified collector's stamp, in red ink, on back, center: "Z"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "G. B. CIPRIANI R. A. | Pub'd. as the Act directs. the 24 of decr. 1785 by M. Bova [flourish] | No. 105 Swallow Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | draftsman (artist) | man | oval | painter | portrait | profile (figure) | Royal Academy of Arts | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Cipriani, Giovanni Battista (1727–1785), decorative painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), G. B. Cipriani, R. A, 1785
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.