IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Francesco Bartolozzi RA, 1728–1815, Italian, active in Britain (1764–99), G. B. Cipriani, R. A, 1785
G. B. Cipriani, R. A.
- Additional Title(s):
G. B. Cipriani, RA
Giovanni Battista Cipriani, R. A.
- Stipple engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 × 5 15/16 inches (20.7 × 15.1 cm), Image: 6 5/8 × 5 5/16 inches (16.8 × 13.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "Sec Pennant Pape 88"
unidentified collector's stamp, in red ink, on back, center: "Z"
Lettered, lower center: "G. B. CIPRIANI R. A. | Pub'd. as the Act directs. the 24 of decr. 1785 by M. Bova | No.105 Swallow Street"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | draftsman (artist) | man | oval | painter | portrait | profile (figure) | Royal Academy of Arts | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Cipriani, Giovanni Battista (1727–1785), decorative painter and draughtsman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.