- John Gibson
- Crayon manner and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 inches (34.1 x 25.4 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 1/16 inches (17.7 x 12.8 cm), and Image: 3 11/16 x 2 5/8 inches (9.3 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3/ | 25a (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "John Gibson R. A. | Roma 1851 | Etched by J. Brown, from a Sketch by H. W. Phillips."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | man | neckpiece | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Gibson, John (1790–1866), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by J. Brown, active 1839–1869, British, John Gibson, 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.