IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by J. Brown, active 1839–1869, British, John Gibson, 1851
- Crayon manner and line engraving on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 10 inches (34.1 x 25.4 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 x 5 1/16 inches (17.7 x 12.8 cm), Image: 3 11/16 x 2 5/8 inches (9.3 x 6.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "3/ | 25a (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "John Gibson R. A. | Roma 1851 | Etched by J. Brown, from a Sketch by H. W. Phillips."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | beard | man | neckpiece | portrait | profile (figure)
- Associated People:
- Gibson, John (1790–1866), sculptor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.