IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Joseph Brown, 19th century, British, James Gillray, 1848
- Line engraving, stipple engraving, and etching on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 7 5/16 × 4 5/16 inches (18.5 × 10.9 cm), Image: 4 3/16 × 3 9/16 inches (10.7 × 9.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "R"; on back of mount, lower right: "v/"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "JAMES GILLRAY. | ENGRAVED FROM A MINIATURE PAINTED BY HIMSELF, BY JOS. BROWN. | London : Richard Bentley, 1848"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | caricaturist | coat | collar | costume | cravat | man | oval | portrait | self-portrait | stripes
- Associated People:
- Gillray, James (1756–1815), caricaturist
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.