- Opposite Abu Girgeh
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 1 13/16 x 7 5/16 inches (4.6 x 18.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Jany.3.1867 - (vulture) 1.30.PM. opposite Abou Girgeh."; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "46"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "W | 8 up | next above lowest | 68"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | geese | landscape | palm trees | river | river | sky | vulture | water
- Associated Places:
- Abu Qurqâs | Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Opposite Abu Girgeh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.