Golosoneh, 5:10 p.m., January 3, 1867 (58)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 x 7 inches (7.6 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "5.10.PM. Golosonah. 3 Jany 1867."; in brown ink, lower center: "...gold seen through misty palms"; in brown ink, lower right: "(58)"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "11 up | middle"; in graphite, center right: "75"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | palm trees | river | river | riverbank | sky | sunset | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Qulusana
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Golosoneh, 5:10 p.m., January 3, 1867 (58), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.