- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 1/4 x 4 13/16 inches (15.9 x 12.3 cm) and Image (oval): 5 1/8 x 4 7/16 inches (13 x 11.3 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "Ipse pinx,"; lower center: "SAMUEL COOPER."; lower right under image: "T. Chambars Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buttons | coat | cravat | man | oval | portrait
- Associated People:
- Cooper, Samuel (1607/8–1672), miniature painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Samuel Cooper, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.