- Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 11/16 inches (28.2 x 22 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches (17.5 x 13.3 cm), and Image: 5 11/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.5 x 12.1 cm)
Lettered above image, upper right: "P.330."; below image, lower left: "Mary Beale pinx"; lower center: "MRS. BEALE, & her Son CHARLES."; lower right: "T. Chambars fc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | curls | family | gaze | long hair | man | mother | moustache | necklace | oval | pearls | portrait | posing | smiling | son | woman
- Associated People:
- Beale, Charles (bap. 1660 - d. 1726?), miniature painter
Beale (née Cradock), Mary (bap. 1633 - d.1699), portrait painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles, 1762
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.