IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles, 1762
Mrs. Beale and her Son Charles
- Etching and line engraving on moderately thick, smooth, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 1/8 x 8 11/16 inches (28.2 x 22 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 1/4 inches (17.5 x 13.3 cm), Image: 5 11/16 x 4 3/4 inches (14.5 x 12.1 cm)
Lettered above image, upper right: "P.330."; below image, lower left: "Mary Beale pinx"; lower center: "MRS. BEALE, & her Son CHARLES."; lower right: "T. Chambars fc."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- collar | curls | family | gaze | long hair | man | mother | moustache | necklace | oval | pearls | portrait | posing | smiling | son | woman
- Associated People:
- Beale, Charles (bap. 1660 - d. 1726?), miniature painter
Beale (née Cradock), Mary (bap. 1633 - d.1699), portrait painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.