Sir Nathaniel Bacon
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 9 5/8 inches (30.8 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 9/16 inches (17.4 x 14.2 cm), Image: 5 7/8 x 4 13/16 inches (15 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "se ipse pinxit."; lower center: "S.R NATHANIEL BACON. | From an Original at the Lord Viscount, | Grimston's at Gorhambury. | Pub.d Aug.t 10. 1793. by W. Richardson Castle St. Leicester Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | coat | collar | costume | embroidery | feather | letter | man | moustache | portrait | robes | ruff | vest
- Associated People:
- Bacon, Sir Nathaniel (1585–1627), painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Nathaniel Bacon, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.