Sir Nathaniel Bacon
- Etching and stipple engraving on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 x 9 5/8 inches (30.8 x 24.5 cm), Plate: 6 7/8 x 5 9/16 inches (17.4 x 14.2 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 4 13/16 inches (15 x 12.2 cm)
Lettered, lower left under image: "se ipse pinxit."; lower center: "S.R NATHANIEL BACON. | From an Original at the Lord Viscount, | Grimston's at Gorhambury. | Pub.d Aug.t 10. 1793. by W. Richardson Castle St. Leicester Square."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | coat | collar | costume | embroidery | feather | letter | man | moustache | portrait | robes | ruff | vest
- Associated People:
- Bacon, Sir Nathaniel (1585–1627), painter
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Nathaniel Bacon, 1793
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.