Colósaneh, 5:45 - 6:00 p.m., January 3, 1867 (62)
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, rough, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 7/8 x 4 5/8 inches (14.9 x 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Colossaneh | 5.45-6. Jany 3. 1867"; in brown ink, lower right: "(62)"; Verso: in graphite upper left: "12 up | Top"; in graphite, upper right: "76"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- camels (mammals) | figures (representations) | genre subject | palm trees | sky
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Qulusana
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Colósaneh, 5:45 - 6:00 p.m., January 3, 1867 (62), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.