Sir Balthazar Gerbier
- Line engraving and stiplle engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 5/8 × 8 13/16 inches (29.5 × 22.4 cm), Plate: 6 3/4 × 5 1/16 inches (17.1 × 12.9 cm), and Image: 5 13/16 × 4 5/8 inches (14.7 × 11.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2/"
Lettered, lower left: "Vandyck pinx."; lettered, lower center: "SR. BALTHAZAR GERBIER."; lettered, lower right: "T.Chambars Sculp."; lettered, upper right: "P.189."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | buttons | cape | cloak | collar | drapery | gaze | gesture | letter | man | moustache | painter | paper | portrait | posing | vest
- Associated People:
- Gerbier, Sir Balthazar (1592-1663/1667), art agent, miniature painter, and architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Balthazar Gerbier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.