- Sir Balthazar Gerbier
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (29.8 × 23.5 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 × 5 1/16 inches (17 × 12.8 cm), and Image: 5 3/4 × 4 5/8 inches (14.6 × 11.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Vandyck pinx."; lettered, lower center: "SR. BALTHAZAR GERBIER."; lettered, lower right: "T.Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | buttons | cape | cloak | collar | drapery | gaze | gesture | letter | man | moustache | painter | paper | portrait | posing | vest
- Associated People:
- Gerbier, Sir Balthazar (1592-1663/1667), art agent, miniature painter, and architect
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Balthazar Gerbier, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.