IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Thomas Chambars, ca. 1724–1789, British, Sir Balthazar Gerbier, undated
Sir Balthazar Gerbier
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/4 × 9 1/4 inches (29.8 × 23.5 cm), Plate: 6 11/16 × 5 1/16 inches (17 × 12.8 cm), Image: 5 3/4 × 4 5/8 inches (14.6 × 11.7 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Vandyck pinx."; lettered, lower center: "SR. BALTHAZAR GERBIER."; lettered, lower right: "T.Chambars sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architect | buttons | cape | cloak | collar | drapery | gaze | gesture | letter | man | moustache | painter | paper | portrait | posing | vest
- Associated People:
- Gerbier, Sir Balthazar (1592-1663/1667), art agent, miniature painter, and architect
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.