Sir William Beechey, R. A.
- Crayon manner, stipple engraving, and line engraving on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 3/4 x 11 7/16 inches (40 x 29 cm), Plate: 14 15/16 x 11 7/16 inches (38 x 29 cm), Image: 6 7/8 x 8 7/16 inches (17.5 x 21.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "5/"
Lettered in black ink, within image, lower left: "WB [in monogram] 1799 | Æ 6[...] 46"; lower center: "SIR WILLIAM BEECHEY, R. A. | From an original Picture by himself in his own Possession. | Drawn by W. Evans, Engraved by R. Cooper. | PUBLISHED JUNE 11. 1814, BY T. CADELL & W. DAVIES, STRAND, LONDON."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | coat | cravat | easel | man | painting (visual work) | portrait | self-portrait
- Associated People:
- Beechey, Sir William (1753–1839), portrait painter
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Cooper the Younger, 1740–1814, British, Sir William Beechey, R. A, 1814
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.