Opposite Melaghara, 5:20 PM
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor with pen in brown ink over graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/16 x 5 7/8 inches (5.9 x 14.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink over graphite, lower left: "gray all. | Opposite Melaghara 5.20.P.M; in bdrown ink, center: "SEAREEF"; in bdrown ink, lower right: "Palms also, off shy. boats black 71"; Verso: in graphite, upper left: "14. up"; in graphite, lower center: "next above A"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | palm trees | river | sky | sunset
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Maghâgha | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Opposite Melaghara, 5:20 PM, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.