Opposite Beni Hassan
- Additional Title(s):
Opposite Beni Hasan
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, gray wove paper
- 5 15/16 x 9 13/16 inches (15.1 x 24.9 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left-lower right: "opposite Benihassan. 1.PM.Jany 5.1867 two rafts xxpalm poles ...oars -i.e-long branches (76)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, 15. up | Middle."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clay | figures (representations) | genre subject | jugs | landscape | men | palm trees | rafts | river | river | sand | water | women
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.