IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Joseph Collyer, 1748–1827, British, John Bacon, Esq., R. A, undated
John Bacon, Esq., R. A.
- Additional Title(s):
John Bacon Esqr. R. A.
John Bacon, Esq., RA
John Bacon, Esq., R.A.
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 6 9/16 × 4 3/16 inches (16.6 × 10.6 cm), Image: 4 13/16 × 3 7/16 inches (12.2 × 8.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, lower right: "2/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by I. Russell R. A. Crayon Painter to His Majesty"; lower center: "JOHN BACON ESQR. R. A."; lower right: "Engraved by I. Collyer A. R. A. Engraver to Her Majesty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bald | chisel | collar | costume | hammer (tool) | head | mallet (tool) | man | portrait | science | sculpture | tools
- Associated People:
- Bacon, John (1777–1859), sculptor
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.