- John Bacon, Esq., R. A.
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream laid paper, laid in mount
- Sheet: 6 9/16 x 4 3/16 inches (16.6 x 10.6 cm) and Image: 4 13/16 x 3 7/16 inches (12.2 x 8.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back of mount, lower right: "2/"
Lettered in black ink, lower left: "Painted by I. Russell R. A. Crayon Painter to His Majesty"; lower center: "JOHN BACON ESQR. R. A."; lower right: "Engraved by I. Collyer A. R. A. Engraver to Her Majesty."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bald | chisel | collar | costume | hammer (tool) | head | mallet (tool) | man | portrait | science | sculpture | tools
- Associated People:
- Bacon, John (1777–1859), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Joseph Collyer, 1748–1827, British, John Bacon, Esq., R. A, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.