T. Banks, Sculptor, R. A.
- Additional Title(s):
T. Banks, Sculptor, R.A.
T. Banks Sculptor RA
T. Banks, Sculptor R.A.
- Stipple engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 7/16 x 5 1/16 inches (21.4 x 12.8 cm), Plate (right side cropped off): 8 1/16 x 4 15/16 inches (20.4 x 12.6 cm), and Image (oval): 4 15/16 x 3 11/16 inches (12.6 x 9.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower right: "2/"
Lettered in black ink, upper center: "EUROPEAN MAGAZINE"; lower center, along lower border of oval image: "Drawn and Engraved, by I. Condé, from a Model of T. Banks."; lower center: "T. BANKS, SCULPTOR R. A. | Publish'd as the Act directs, Aug 1. 1791, by J. Sewell, Cornhill."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- artist | bust | European Magazine | figure study | man | portrait | sculpture | still life | table
- Associated People:
- Banks, Thomas (1735–1805), sculptor
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Condé, 1765–1794, French, active in Britain, T. Banks, Sculptor, R. A, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.