- Crofton Hall, Yorkshire
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 x 17 3/8 inches (29.4 x 44.2 cm), Plate: 10 1/2 x 14 9/16 inches (26.6 x 37 cm), and Image: 6 1/4 x 9 1/2 inches (15.8 x 24.1 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by C. Cope."; lower center: "Published Dec.r.1st.1813 by M.r C. Cope. | CROFTON HALL YORKSHIRE. | To M,,rs Wilson (now) of New Miller Dam, | This Plate is most respectfully Dedicated by her Ob,,t Serv,,t | C. Cope."; lower right: "Engraved by R. & D. Havell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | chimneys | country house | fence | field | garden | gate | groom (caretaker of horses) | horses (animals) | house | leisure | manor house | parasol | park (grounds) | pasture | saddles | top hat | tower (building division) | trees | walking | windows | women
- Associated Places:
- Crofton | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Havell, 1769–1832, British, Crofton Hall, Yorkshire, 1813
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.