IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Havell, 1769–1832, British, Crofton, 1813
- Aquatint with etching, hand-colored on thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 11 9/16 x 17 3/16 inches (29.4 x 43.7 cm), Plate: 10 7/16 x 14 7/16 inches (26.5 x 36.6 cm), Image: 6 1/4 x 9 7/16 inches (15.8 x 24 cm)
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by C. Cope."; lower center: "Published Dec.r.1st.1813 by M.r C. Cope. | CROFTON. | To M,,rs T. Walker, of Leeds, | This Plate is most respectfully Dedicated by her Ob,,t Serv,,t | C. Cope."; lower right: "Engraved by R. & D. Havell."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | baskets | children | chimney | church | country house | family | field | flowers (plants) | garden | genre subject | house | labor | manor house | mother | park (grounds) | path | playing | road | smoke | street | sunshine | tower (building division) | toys | trees | village | work
- Associated Places:
- Crofton | England | Europe | United Kingdom | Wakefield | Yorkshire
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.