- Near Katieh
- Watercolor, graphite, white gouache, pen and brown ink on medium, moderately textured, gray, wove paper, mounted on, moderately thick, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 5/8 x 8 11/16 inches (6.7 x 22.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Near Katieh. | Noon. 9. Jany 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(108)"; verso: inscribed in graphite, center: "105"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clay | dome | landscape | river | river | sand | sky | structure (single built work) | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Near Katieh, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.