Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel el-Sheikh el-Haridi from Qaw el-Kebir
- Graphite, gouache, pen and blue ink and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 11 13/16 inches (5.2 x 30 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, over graphite, lower left: "G. S. Eredi. from Gau el Kebir. 10. Jany. 1867. 8.AM. boats very sharp dark."; inscribed in pen and blue ink, lower right: "upper row of jugs - w - lower, ok'ry brown reflected | (112)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: 27 up | next below top"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "109"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | river | river | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Qaw el Kebir
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.