Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir
- Additional Title(s):
Gebel el-Sheikh el-Haridi from Qaw el-Kebir
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, gouache, pen and blue ink and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 1/16 x 11 13/16 inches (5.2 x 30 cm)
Inscribed in pen and blue ink, over graphite, lower left: "G. S. Eredi. from Gau el Kebir. 10. Jany. 1867. 8.AM. boats very sharp dark."; inscribed in pen and blue ink, lower right: "upper row of jugs - w - lower, ok'ry brown reflected | (112)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: 27 up | next below top"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "109"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | landscape | marine art | river | river | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Qaw el Kebir
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel Sheikh Eredi from Gau el Kebir, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.