IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
James Ward, 1769–1859, British, Lea Castle from above the Woods, 1814
Lea Castle from above the Woods
- Pen and brown ink on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 11 3/8 x 18 inches (28.9 x 45.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "Lea Castle August 1814 | JWD. RA."
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "Lea Castle August 1814 | JWD. RA."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape | woods
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
James Ward (Yale Center for British Art, 2004-05-21 - 2004-08-22) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.