Traitor's Gate - Tower of London
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (touched)
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 17 3/8 inches (30.8 × 44.1 cm), Plate: 11 5/8 × 6 inches (29.5 × 15.2 cm), Image: 3 1/4 × 3 1/4 inches (8.3 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R. 383 (b)"; lower left: "Engraver's Proof. Touched By Turner"
Turner sale mark: J.M.W. Turner (Lugt 1498); collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | gate | river | tower (single built work)
- Associated Places:
- London | Thames | Tower Hamlets | Tower of London | Traitor's Gate | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Traitor's Gate - Tower of London, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.