- St. Pierre's Cottage
- Etching and engraving, with scraping out and touched with graphite (Engraver's Proof b) on thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 17 9/16 × 12 3/16 inches (44.6 × 31 cm), Plate: 11 1/2 × 6 1/16 inches (29.2 × 15.4 cm), and Image: 3 1/2 × 3 1/2 inches (8.9 × 8.9 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.388 (b)"; inscribed in graphite center right: "Sky away to nothing | the distance is rather two hard and Strong"; inscriptions, lower left: "16/41 Poems. St. Pierre's Cottage - Proof finished by turner. Sky away to nothing. 'the distance in rather two hand and strong"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Alfred Goodall, 1819–1908, British, St. Pierre's Cottage, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.