Print made by Edward Goodall, 1795–1870, British, Columbus Setting Sail, 1834
Columbus Setting Sail
- Part Of:
- Line engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- 17 3/8 × 11 11/16 inches (44.1 × 29.7 cm), 11 1/4 × 6 inches (28.6 × 15.2 cm), 11 1/16 × 5 3/4 inches (28.1 × 14.6 cm), and 2 1/4 × 3 1/4 inches (5.7 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "399. Etching"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ex [F.] Goodall"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- friary | gulf | historical subject | marine art
- Associated Places:
- Andalusia | Gulf of Cádiz | Huelva | La Rábida Friary | Palos de la Frontera | Spain
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.