- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (early) on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 12 1/16 × 17 7/16 inches (30.6 × 44.3 cm), Plate: 6 15/16 × 9 1/4 inches (17.6 × 23.5 cm), Chine collé: 6 9/16 × 8 7/8 inches (16.7 × 22.5 cm), and Image: 3 3/8 × 5 3/16 inches (8.6 × 13.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R 412. Early Engraver's Proof"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Early Engraver's Proof | 412 E.P. Before light in sky (Centre) & on water in foreground, &c."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: ""; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "The Drachenfells"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "5. Engraver's Proof"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape (representation) | mountain | river | ruin
- Associated Places:
- Drachenfels | Germany | North Rhine-Westphalia | Rhine | Siebengebirge
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by William Finden, 1787–1852, British, The Drachenfels, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.