Château of Amboise
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, slightly textured, cream, wove paper, with cream, chine colle
- Sheet: 40 1/2 × 11 11/16 inches (102.9 × 29.7 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 7/8 inches (15.1 × 22.5 cm), Chine collé: 5 5/8 × 8 5/8 inches (14.3 × 21.9 cm), and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.438. (bc.)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.438. E.P. Between Rn's (b) and (c) | [Dabs] of light on castle wall & pier of Bridge darkened afterwards | shadow across [...] in straight line afterwards | several lights [varied]."
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right, "Harkins Sale 29,3,04 A,W."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | château | river
- Associated Places:
- Amboise | Centre | Château d'Amboise | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Baylis Allen, 1803–1876, British, Château of Amboise, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.