Tours - looking backwards
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof (early) on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- 8 9/16 × 11 3/4 inches (21.7 × 29.8 cm), 6 × 8 7/8 inches (15.2 × 22.5 cm), and 3 11/16 × 5 1/2 inches (9.4 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.442. E.P.(1)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.442 E.P.1"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "2 w"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "2/6"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "J. E. Taylor Collection | 15-7-12, A. W."
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cathedral | cityscape | genre | river
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire | Pont Wilson | Tours | Tours Cathedral
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Tours - looking backwards, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.