- Just above Ekhmim
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and cochineal ink, and black ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (9 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink over graphite, lower left: "just above Khmm. 8.AM. 11.January 1867."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "123"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "29 up | Top"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "117"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | landscape | mounds | river | river | sand | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Akhmim | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Just above Ekhmim, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.