IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Just above Ekhmim, 1867
Just above Ekhmim
- Additional Title(s):
Just above Akhmim
- Watercolor, graphite, and pen and black ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 9/16 x 11 1/4 inches (9 x 28.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink over graphite, lower left: "just above Khmm. 8.AM. 11.January 1867."; inscribed in pen and black ink, lower right: "123"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "29 up | Top"; inscribed in graphite, center right: "117"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boat | figures (representations) | landscape | mounds | river | river | sand | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Akhmim | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.