- Tours - looking backwards
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on thick, moderately textured, cream, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 10 3/4 inches (20.3 × 27.3 cm), Plate: 6 × 8 7/8 inches (15.2 × 22.5 cm), and Image: 3 11/16 × 5 1/2 inches (9.4 × 14 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.442. E.P. (2)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.442 E.P.2."; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "3 w"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower right: "J. E. Taylor Collection | 15-7-12. A.W."
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bridge | cathedral | cityscape | genre | river
- Associated Places:
- Centre | Europe | France | Indre-et-Loire | Loire | Pont Wilson | Tours | Tours Cathedral
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Tours - looking backwards, 1833
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.