Coteaux de Mauves
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 11 1/16 inches (20.5 × 28.1 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 15/16 inches (15.1 × 22.7 cm), and Image: 3 13/16 × 5 5/8 inches (9.7 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.451. E.P. (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Turner | more unfiltered lights in the water | R 451 E.P. 2."; inscribed in graphie, lower right: "Coteaux de Mauves (b) | 2nd state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "-12- Rake [state] before the House | on the Right Bank"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower center: "J.E. Taylor Collection | 15-7-12. A.W."
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ardèche | Europe | France | Loire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Coteaux de Mauves, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.