Coteaux de Mauves
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, engraver's proof on moderately thick, moderately textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet: 8 1/16 × 11 1/16 inches (20.5 × 28.1 cm), Plate: 5 15/16 × 8 15/16 inches (15.1 × 22.7 cm), and Image: 3 13/16 × 5 5/8 inches (9.7 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.451. E.P. (b)"; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Turner | more unfiltered lights in the water | R 451 E.P. 2."; inscribed in graphie, lower right: "Coteaux de Mauves (b) | 2nd state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "-12- Rake [state] before the House | on the Right Bank"
Collector's stamp, verso, lower center: "J.E. Taylor Collection | 15-7-12. A.W."
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ardèche | Europe | France | Loire
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Coteaux de Mauves, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.