Coteaux de Mauves
- Part Of:
- Line engraving, early proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 8 3/8 inches (14.6 × 21.3 cm) and Image: 3 3/4 × 5 5/8 inches (9.5 × 14.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "R.451. E.P. (bd)."; inscribed in graphite, lower left: "R.451. E.P. 3 Cottage and figure on right, added"; inscribed in graphite, lower right: "no.3(a)"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "n | [Pres ch.] | white cottage & woman added | [clay] worked upon, [owe] [...]"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "Coteaux de Mauves 7/-"
Lettered, lower right: "Robt. Wallis 1831"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ardèche | Europe | France | Loire
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Wallis, 1794–1878, British, Coteaux de Mauves, 1831
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.