- Gebel el Azerat (Below Girgeh, East Side)
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink and gray ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 x 9 3/16 inches (8.9 x 23.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower left: "4.PM Jany 11 1867. Gebel El Azerat. - (below Gergeh. East side)"; inscribed in pen and gray ink, lower right: "(131)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, upper left: "30 up"; in graphite, center: "next below Top"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cliffs | landscape | river | river | riverbank | sky | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Girga | Nile | Sohag | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Gebel el Azerat (Below Girgeh, East Side), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.