- Sunset along the Nile
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and cochineal ink on thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 15/16 x 8 1/2 inches (7.5 x 21.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and cochineal ink, lower left: "sunset 5:27. PM 13 Jany. 1867 shadow of mountn. red gold dust. 1. green blu. 2. smooth yell blue gray 3. purpple dust (140)"; Verso: inscribed in graphite, center: 32 up | next [?] lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- landscape | river | river | sunset | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sunset along the Nile, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.