- Sunset along the Nile
- Watercolor, graphite, pen and brown ink on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper, mounted on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 2 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (7.3 x 17.6 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "6. PM. 13 Jany. 1867"; inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(141)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- island | landscape | river | river | sky | sunset | water
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Sunset along the Nile, 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.