Dendera, 9:00 am, 15 January 1867 (156)
- Additional Title(s):
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 10 1/2 inches (8.6 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Dendera. | 9. AM. 15. Jany 1867"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(156)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "36 up"; center: "next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | desert | landscape | river | ruins | sand | sky | temple
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Dendera, 9:00 am, 15 January 1867 (156), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.