- Dendera, 9:00 am, 15 January 1867 (156)
- Watercolor, pen and brown ink, gouache, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 3 3/8 x 10 1/2 inches (8.6 x 26.7 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower left: "Dendera. | 9. AM. 15. Jany 1867"; in pen and brown ink, lower right: "(156)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "36 up"; center: "next above lowest"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Donald C. Gallup, Yale BA 1934, PhD 1939
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | desert | landscape | river | ruins | sand | sky | temple
- Associated Places:
- Africa | Egypt | Nile | Upper Egypt
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Lear, 1812–1888, British, Dendera, 9:00 am, 15 January 1867 (156), 1867
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.