- Part Of:
- Line engraving; touched engraver's proof on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper, with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 13 3/8 × 8 3/4 inches (34 × 22.2 cm), Plate: 8 1/8 × 6 inches (20.6 × 15.2 cm), Chine collé: 8 × 5 7/8 inches (20.3 × 14.9 cm), Image: 4 × 3 1/4 inches (10.2 × 8.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper left: "506"; lower left: "14 | Ashestiel- Proof. Touched and scraped by Turner"
Collector's mark: W. G. Rawlinson (Lugt 2624)
Lettered below image, lower center: "Edinburgh, Published by Robert Cadell: and Moon, Boys & Graves, London"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- estate | hills | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Ashiestiel | Ashiestiel House | Scotland | Scottish Borders | Tweed
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Horsburgh, 1791–1869, British, Ashestiel, 1834
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.